Update

Vader Sy

I will be having the ECM modded to use the 75 lb injectors. The Sy was running low 12's on 15 lbs of boost with some knock because the 50 lb injectors could not keep up with the Stealth turbo.

In a few weeks I will have the injectors and the computer back and running high boost!

I'll post again once I get everything completed.

Ah yes, Nolan from Canada. Let me know how things turn out. I've given the ECM mod alot of thought but it will be after the T gets done with paint.

Jeff H.

modding the ecm is a great patch as I had nolan do mine a few yrs ago, but the syty ecm just wasn't deisgned to handle that much amperage.

when you get yours back you will see on datamater, the Volts drop that was normal is only now going to be worse. I saw volts as low as 9.3 with my 84's. I can't imagine that voltage that low is good for control as this is beyond when the ecm begins to start chaning things around for low voltage condition.

I am not going to be using the ecm on my next build with 96's. it will either be FAST, Big Stuff or Motec.

FWIW ERue at turbotime also does this mod.

HTH's

Originally posted by jwaller
modding the ecm is a great patch as I had nolan do mine a few yrs ago, but the syty ecm just wasn't deisgned to handle that much amperage.

when you get yours back you will see on datamater, the Volts drop that was normal is only now going to be worse. I saw volts as low as 9.3 with my 84's. I can't imagine that voltage that low is good for control as this is beyond when the ecm begins to start chaning things around for low voltage condition.

I am not going to be using the ecm on my next build with 96's. it will either be FAST, Big Stuff or Motec.

FWIW ERue at turbotime also does this mod.

HTH's

hey john,

what about hot wiring the ecm? i've been thinking about sending it a better power line...i spoke to at least one owner (non modded ecm, just lower than normal voltage) that claims that he did this and solved some issues while under high rpm/loads....

also on the ecm mod, if you can get ahold of the mosfets, there's a few links out there that show exactly what needs to be done...very easy mod if you take it to the local electronic wizard...

There's a cure for the trace problem in the ecm, and Nolans aware of it.

BTW, I ran my Nolan modded ecm for well over a year without the trace fix, and it was fine.

There are some other ways to other then the way Nolan does them, that HAVE to have the trace thing done to them.

I've seen ppl do the hotwire thing and it seems that it only works in a few cases, not all. besides I want more than what the stock ecm has to offer so it isnt a viable option for my setup.