Turn off the phone, grab a beer, I need help.

dboosted1

Ok I am going to start at the beggining. When I bought my 30k limited it had aftermarket parts. one of the parts were Kenne Bell valve covers. The driver's side valve cover has a breather near the rear and both side valve covers have towers with "push in's" on top of them. Both front valve cover "push in's" have a stainless steel wrapped rubber hose that connected the two together and "T" off into the maf pipe, after the maf sensor before the turbo. So basically there is a little amount of oil that evaporates from the valvetrain and into the maf pipe. I have been driving around like this and have not seen any ill effects. This brings us to yesterday when I intalled a new chrome maf pipe and "deleted" the "T" which fed oil into the maf pipe and just connected the two Push in's one each valve cover together. Well tonight while driving on the freeway i lay into it for about 5 seconds nothing serious. Well when I stop to get gas I open the hood and there is smoke coming out and I could smell burnt oil. None of the oil reached the ground but oil was obviouly burning. There was no obvious leaks but the passenger side tower with the push in looked like maybe a little oil had gotten past it and fell on the downpipe. On the driver side there was oil sprayed onto the plug wires and the steering column shaft which is in close proximity to the exhaust manifold and was buring there. Im thinking that by connecting the two pushins together I put some excess pressure on the valvecovers and they leaked oil?

Confused? Thanks

You experienced normal pressure in the crankcase as a result of blowby. Generally a breather such as that is routed into the air box on most cars. You should stick a breather filter in the end of that hose as under vacuum conditions, the PCV system is sucking air thru that hose, just laying there, its unfiltered air. Also the filter will catch oil "steam".

Try it and see what happens..maybe you'll be set.