TTA HEADERS & CROSS-OVER

JRNYMNDAVID said:
Aftermarket large tube stainless would be great.
what do you consider "large tube" ??? what grade of SS ??? what do you think they are worth ?? :confused:

Grumpy said:
what do you consider "large tube" ??? what grade of SS ??? what do you think they are worth ?? :confused:

1 5/8" TUBE--REGULAR SS EXHAUST TUBING..3/8" FLANGE...3"CROSS-OVER...$750+

JRNYMNDAVID said:
1 5/8" TUBE--REGULAR SS EXHAUST TUBING..3/8" FLANGE...3"CROSS-OVER...$750+

damm thats big..and a 3" crossover ...??? you better have big power for that :eek: ohhhh $750 ??? never happen ...we were goin to do them but the cost is "up there" :biggrin: I have sold some of the stock TTA header's in the $600 range :p only have a few sets left :eek:

Grumpy said:
damm thats big..and a 3" crossover ...??? you better have big power for that :eek: ohhhh $750 ??? never happen ...we were goin to do them but the cost is "up there" :biggrin: I have sold some of the stock TTA header's in the $600 range :p only have a few sets left :eek:

Let me know exactly what you have.
Send photo & price to {JRNYMNDAVID2003@YAHOO.COM}
I have a atr 3" dp & 3" dump w/no cat...

JRNYMNDAVID said:
Let me know exactly what you have.
Send photo & price to {JRNYMNDAVID2003@YAHOO.COM}
I have a atr 3" dp & 3" dump w/no cat...

I have stock TTA one's... the other 321SS ones I have are for my TTA w/Buick heads .. $750. wouldn't cover the cost of the tubing .. Don't know where ya got the idea of a 3" crossover :eek: ..oh I have a 3 1/2" downpipe on mine ... :cool: good luck trying to find someone to do these :cool:

Turbo6Smackdown said:
750 wouldnt cover the cost of the tubing?? whoever youre getting your tubing from is raping you man...

have YOU ever done a 321 SS set ??? :rolleyes:

Grumpy said:
I have stock TTA one's... the other 321SS ones I have are for my TTA w/Buick heads .. $750. wouldn't cover the cost of the tubing .. Don't know where ya got the idea of a 3" crossover :eek: ..oh I have a 3 1/2" downpipe on mine ... :cool: good luck trying to find someone to do these :cool:

WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT 321 STAINLESS & HOW DO YOU KNOW [321] IS ACTUALLY WHAT YOU HAVE?
WHEN IT COMES TO EXHAUST STAINLESS IS ALL THE SAME.
I BUILD PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDS FROM 420 STAINLESS AS A JOURNRYMAN MOLDMAKER.NOW "THATS" QUALITY STAINLESS.

JRNYMNDAVID said:
WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT 321 STAINLESS & HOW DO YOU KNOW [321] IS ACTUALLY WHAT YOU HAVE?
WHEN IT COMES TO EXHAUST STAINLESS IS ALL THE SAME.
I BUILD PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDS FROM 420 STAINLESS AS A JOURNRYMAN MOLDMAKER.NOW "THATS" QUALITY STAINLESS.

ya I know nothing .. I build jet airplanes :rolleyes: :p

regardless of what quality one can get, or if they actually build things.. airplanes or otherwise... tubing prices are tubing prices..and what i was commenting on, was not peoples building talents... it was how much they paid for their tubing... and 750 is kinda steep.

Just for grins I compared 2" 16 ga tubing at www.burnsstainless.com. 304 is $11.05/ft, 321 is $32.90/ft. I guess the "good" news is that a single order for enough tubing for a set of headers in 321 would get you close to their $500 threshold for their first discount level :). You can probably do better elsewhere but I bet the factor of three won't change much.

ijames said:
Just for grins I compared 2" 16 ga tubing at www.burnsstainless.com. 304 is $11.05/ft, 321 is $32.90/ft. I guess the "good" news is that a single order for enough tubing for a set of headers in 321 would get you close to their $500 threshold for their first discount level :). You can probably do better elsewhere but I bet the factor of three won't change much.

and then add the 2 flanges, 2 ss collectors and some band clamps :biggrin: