trans suggestions

100in6

blew the tran out this weekend again and am asking for anybody that has some good suggestions on changing to either a 350 or 400. does a 350 basically fit in without modifying the tunnel, driveshaft, propshaft, and so forth. what about the transfer case. I know the 400 is stronger but you have to modify all the above stuff don't you. also I was told that even though the 400 was stronger the transfer case adapter was a weak link.

I would really appreciate some useful info on this. I don't drive my sy everyday, basically cruise around locally and go to cruises and trailer it to the track, so I can probably do without overdrive. I've had the 700 out 3 time in ten months and am having it built by a good guy. they just make so much heat and don't hold up to it very well.

thanks for any info

les

Les I think you clicked the wrong link, I think you were trying to go to www.syty.net . But why dont you just copy what ever trans ghettosled is using and stick it in yours.:D

Originally posted by knocker1893
, cheap to build, pretty tough,

If youre serious then Id love to hear where/how a 80E can be done cheaply as everything Ive seen has been major $$.

Wow you are very right I just searched around and they are pretty pricey. I didn't realize they were that much more than the 700.:rolleyes: