Tire Rub

GHawz13

I installed a set of BFG 275/60/R15 DR's last friday and have nothing but problems with them rubbing somewhere. I installed spacers bc they rubbed the frame on the one side now i notice i got a gash in the right side tire on the outside from a sharp edge on the wheel well. The left side seems to have clearance on both sides of the tire. Can my body be crooked, bad body bushings, or rearend out of alignment create this rub. Also the gash seems pretty deep but is not losing any air. Will it be alright? I won't be using the car very often anymore.

AIR BAGS

You need air bags to safely run those tires on a stock TR without rolled lips.

What happens without the spacers in there?

I use an 8" rim with 3.75" backspacing and the centering is okay but I still need air bags with 10 psi. in both of them to keep from scraping on bumps.

Haven't scraped the tires with the bags pumped up this year. :)

I have airbags, i even pumped them up a little more just for that extra support. With no spacers the left side rubbed the fram right side slight rubbed the frame. Left you can see where it hit in 3 spots.

Sounds like a 1/4 or 1/8 spacer might work on the one side to keep it off the wheel trim for you.