Time to rebuild my Dynotech Hi-Pro 200 after 12 years. Need a little help.

SS-EXPRESS

Hey guys, well after 12 years of beating on this trans she finally let loose. What started first about a year ago was a 2-3 flare which I am guessing was clutches going bad. I continued to cruise the car since I didn't have time to rebuild it and eventually I lost all gear. The car pretty much slips in first gear and won't shift into 2nd gear. If you put it in reverse the car just stalls. The trans is a Hi-Pro Dynotech unit built by Eric Schertz. Since Eric is unfortunately not with us anymore and Dynotech gone from NJ I am on my own. I was 110% happy with the performance of my trans Eric put together for me and I couldn't ask for anything more the 12 years of thrashing I put on it. So I basically want the same exact build but just refreshed.

I have a good friend of the family that owned a transmission shop for over 30 years. He knows how to build every type of transmission but he is not a 200-4r performance expert by any means. I am going to attempt to refresh this trans on my own with his help and guidance. My questions are, what is actually in this trans that will need to be replaced that Eric put in there. Obviously I will want to replace with the same clutches and band Eric used but what else do you think will need to be replaced and how do I replace it with exactly what is in there? I will send the Pro-Torque converter back to the factory for refreshing and already talked to them about that.

That all being said can anyone provide me with the grocery list of parts I will need to purchase to recreate this current build? I appreciate the help!

Not sure what was put in back then but I would get a hold of ck or d husek and discuss your desires. Either can get you what you need.

As far as stuff, I'd get a sun shell, stator support, clutches for each gear and a band. Not sure what the drum and steels will look like or if they will need replacement. Getting the clearances set in the direct and band will be the most important for crisp shifts.

Hey guys, well after 12 years of beating on this trans she finally let loose. What started first about a year ago was a 2-3 flare which I am guessing was clutches going bad. I continued to cruise the car since I didn't have time to rebuild it and eventually I lost all gear. The car pretty much slips in first gear and won't shift into 2nd gear. If you put it in reverse the car just stalls. The trans is a Hi-Pro Dynotech unit built by Eric Schertz. Since Eric is unfortunately not with us anymore and Dynotech gone from NJ I am on my own. I was 110% happy with the performance of my trans Eric put together for me and I couldn't ask for anything more the 12 years of thrashing I put on it. So I basically want the same exact build but just refreshed.

I have a good friend of the family that owned a transmission shop for over 30 years. He knows how to build every type of transmission but he is not a 200-4r performance expert by any means. I am going to attempt to refresh this trans on my own with his help and guidance. My questions are, what is actually in this trans that will need to be replaced that Eric put in there. Obviously I will want to replace with the same clutches and band Eric used but what else do you think will need to be replaced and how do I replace it with exactly what is in there? I will send the Pro-Torque converter back to the factory for refreshing and already talked to them about that.

That all being said can anyone provide me with the grocery list of parts I will need to purchase to recreate this current build? I appreciate the help!
I am familiar with Eric's work. Give me a call

David
516-285-1103