Thoughts on a 215/220 cam

My buddy Al (Slamming 6 on here) has graciously donated a roller 215/220 cam to my engine build. Here are the cam specs:

Duration @ .050 Int 215/Exh 220
Lift Int .517/Exh .530

I'm home porting the stock irons (stock valve size), along with a 3 angle valve job. The bottom end will stay 100% stock. I drive the car about 1000 miles a year and try to get the track once a month. Looking to run mid 10's when the motor is put back together. The rest of the mods are in the second half of my sig.

Is the cam to large for my combo? What will the powerband be? What RPM can I turn the stock bottom end up too?

Thanks

Cam

Go the next size smaller offered, I think its the 215/210. U dont need that much cam on turbo cars. I think Ur idle might suffer with a bigger cam in a stock stroke block.

Cam size does not concern me so much as the stock bottom end. It will be okay under 28 lbs boost under it detonates. Then you will be walking back to pickup the pieces in the middle of the track. Tune it, tune it, tune it.

Mitch

Go the next size smaller offered, I think its the 215/210. U dont need that much cam on turbo cars. I think Ur idle might suffer with a bigger cam in a stock stroke block.

Got that in my truck, lopes pretty good @ 700 and pulls hard to 6200 on the top...

Too Big...
I wouldn't use that unless I had a stroker and ported aluminum heads.

Guve it back and get a 210/210 or 212/212. I'd use the 210 for your combo.

Would this cam running 1.65 T&D roller rockers be too much? Would the beehive springs that come with the roller cam kit be okay with the roller rockers?

I know I have to measure spring height, and check clearances, but wanted some opinions.

Thanks

I have the 215/220 and its a good little cam. I spin mine to about 5600 and thats it! Idles smooth, drives smooth, pulls hard! If anything.... i wished it had more lope to add to the intimidation factor, but now that i think about it....i cant get anyone to run me as it is! works good on the nitrous as well