This weekends project...

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
It actually started Friday afternoon,we were slow at work. So I swapped AC compressors and got the AC ready for the summer.

Then Sat I gutted the interior,to the floor pan. Pan is soild some minor surface rust. A little scrapping ,cleaning and a fresh coat of paint. I redid some of the seems as the seem sealer was cracking and falling out. Had a nice carpet from my low mile car. Redyed it black. Painted all the door jambs. installed new weatherstripping. Adjusted windows etc.

Put it all back together and cleaned everything as it went together. Interior is now up to par!!! I may redye the steering wheel and the armrest but I am basically done inside.

Next up is the trunk,touch up the exterior,clay bar and polish. Them most likey FOR SALE:wink: and time to buy another and start over agian.:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2732 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2732 (Small).JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_2733 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2733 (Small).JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_2734 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2734 (Small).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_2735 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2735 (Small).JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_2736 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2736 (Small).JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 642
More pics..

Attachments

• IMG_2737 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2737 (Small).JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_2738 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2738 (Small).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_2742 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2742 (Small).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_2743 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2743 (Small).JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_2744 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2744 (Small).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 644
Wow. I should get a move on doing the same thing to my Buick. A few small touch ups here and there and it makes the details really stand out. By the way, how do you dye the carpet and steering wheel?

Wow. I should get a move on doing the same thing to my Buick. A few small touch ups here and there and it makes the details really stand out. By the way, how do you dye the carpet and steering wheel?

It's nice way of saying I painted it. There's carpet dye available at most auto parts stores in the paint section. You don't spray it heavy,several light coats or it will feel crusty.

Keep in mind the pics show very well,it's still spray bomb quality. I've gone to see some POS cars that looked great in pics....LOL.....

Beautiful work.

Still think someone should sell aftermarket cup holders we could put in our interiors though.

Coffee doesn't like carpet. :D

Nice work Steve!! I'll probably do the same when I get back. But I definitely would like to find me some bucket seats from "U-Pull"...