thinking on updating

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
Well I got a gtp block and a spare turbo sitting here and I know I can get the other stuff need for the swap, but stuck at the wiring harness.

86 t-type with the gtp block, but what from that harness could I actually use? Is this possible or is there a kit to buy somewhere?

If I can find this info out I will start this project and have some fun with it since this car didn't have a motor in it when I got it.

Well I got a gtp block and a spare turbo sitting here and I know I can get the other stuff need for the swap, but stuck at the wiring harness.

86 t-type with the gtp block, but what from that harness could I actually use? Is this possible or is there a kit to buy somewhere?

If I can find this info out I will start this project and have some fun with it since this car didn't have a motor in it when I got it.

What is the hold up with the wiring harness?

Don't know what on it ill need and won't need.

Im not good with wiring

I went a little different route with the Series 2 than Dave did. Dave was a big help. Answered what ever questions I asked. I decided to go with aftermarket so I could remove what ever was not needed.

The wiring harness really isn't covered there man and if I got to go aftermarket for it I will, but I want to test this setup to its fullest and see what is all about.

The wiring harness really isn't covered there man and if I got to go aftermarket for it I will, but I want to test this setup to its fullest and see what is all about.

I am doing the same. You using The ECU from you LC2 or ECU that came with the S2?

Pic from early mock up.

Attachments

• 102_2177.jpg
    102_2177.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 143
Using the engine with the F-Body configuration will require the least amount of fabricating and will require the use of the L36 ECU. There are two guys on this board that answered many questions for me. You will need to make a down pipe and modify headers and use the 4L60E transmission.

I preferred going with the LC2 configuration. I believe it can be used with the stock ECU. This also allowed me to use existing performance parts that I owned for my LC2 and all of my brackets and AC hook up and use the 2004R. You will need to do some extensive intake work and make headers from scratch. This is not an easy task and requires a real cool set of tools ( Mill, Lathe, Tig Welder) and Hi skill level.

I do believe the series 2 is much stronger and has the capability to make and handle much more HP than the LC2 with basically stock parts. Very stout engine. Not stage 2 but as close as you are going to get with production Buick block.

quickt, what intake is that? My 97 L36 intake I pulled off of my L67 Firebird looks a lot different.