Theft Security System

krazy86t

My t-type has UA6 code for theft deterrent system with starter interupt, but the guy i bought it from did not give me a key fob or some sort of remote switch for the theft deterrent system. (i had no idea to expect this based on lack of knowledge at the time)

Last weekend I gutted the interior so removed the door trim panels so disconnected the power door lock switches. Shut the doors for a little while and then opened driver's door. Theft system went off (flashing lights and horn). First thought: wow, the car came with theft deterrent system, second thought: hmmmm, how do i turn it off? no way to shut if off other than disconnect battery. before i got the battery disconnected it stopped, probably from time out.

Later i tried to start the car but got nothing. i could have run down the battery when gutting the car because interior dome light was on for several hours. but i wonder if the starter interupt is preventing me from starting the car.

Several days later and i still cannot start it - sounds like a dead battery. Before i jump start it i want to know how to reset the theft deterrent system and where do i get a key fob/remote to switch the system on/off?

Thx,

look for the brain its about the size of a wallet its usually under the dash left side steering wheel. their should b a button on the barain just push it in or turn the knob off. if u can see the brand and make u can probly get a remote of ebay with programing instructions.

To arm the alarm, you lock with the powerlock. To disarm when it is going off, just used the key in the door. There is no remote option.

Take care,

Ravi

look for the brain its about the size of a wallet its usually under the dash left side steering wheel. their should b a button on the barain just push it in or turn the knob off. if u can see the brand and make u can probly get a remote of ebay with programing instructions.

Uh No.

To arm the alarm, you lock with the powerlock. To disarm when it is going off, just used the key in the door. There is no remote option.

Take care,

Ravi

THis and if the alarm isn't sounding the starter interrupt isn't active