The First GNX

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
I read on another turbo board that the first GNX was stolen out of GMs yard. Susposedly the kid took it for a joyride not knowing what he had. Once GM recovered it it was crushed. now i also heard that GNX001 is in a museum somewhere. FAct or Fiction?????

There were pics of the theft recovered one on the net a while back.

It was stitting in a lot partially stripped (or so the caption claimed)

Yeah I have always heard that the one that was stolen was the prototype and when GM recovered it, they did crush it, but that is waht GM does with all prototypes anyways.

my85grandnation said:
Yeah I have always heard that the one that was stolen was the prototype and when GM recovered it, they did crush it, but that is waht GM does with all prototypes anyways.
Well, it definitely wasn't the real GNX001. If you guys have never seen GNX001, I can personally tell you that it is a "Beauty." I finally got the chance to see it an Indy a couple months ago and it was absolutely clean as clean can be.

You can tell that they pamper GNX001 like crazy. Was thinking about buying one myself, but I simply love to modify and make them go faster.

Maybe some day.

it was at the nationals a couple of years ago......had like 3000 miles on it...if i recall correctly....