TCC solenoid possibility?

Tom R

87FastBlack
I posted this thread a few days ago and didn't get any bites. So, I'm reposting it with a little bit more information hoping to get some insight into the possible underlying issue. Here's the post:

I bought my GN about 6 weeks ago and I love the car. It rockets off the line and has more power than someone like me really needs...right now. However, I have a situation that I think is transmission related some I'm looking for some advice or clarification. Like I said before, the car rockets off the line and runs through the gears well. However, when I'm cruising along and the car shifts from second to third (@45 mph) that's when I noticed an issue I'm hoping to clarify. If I mash the throttle as I'm in third, the car pretty much stays at or drops slightly from @2000-2200 rpms but steadily increases mph and not rpms.

NOW: I went to the gnttype website and found this article on the TCC solenoid and it sounds exactly like what is happening with mt car. My trans was rebuilt by Jimmy's in Mundeline in Oct '07 and taken from the standard 200r4 to a 200 r4 ssr capable of handling 650HP. I will call him to discuss this issue but I just thought I'd throw this out just in case it's NOT a trans related issue. Here's the link from gnttype:

TH200-4R TCC Solenoid Transmission Problem

Have you performed the test yet?

If you have a 86-87 turbo regal they will have 3rd and 4th gear switches from the factory and you can test the LU in either gear.

The montes use a different valve body then us.

Right now the car is down. The AC compressor started smokin', chokin' and stopped spinning. I'll have the parts tomorrow and have it back up and running Friday. I'll test for the LU then and see what happens.