Sway Bars

Just the fronts. Not an exact match but you can squeeze one on. Use the F-body bushings with the stock G-body clamps.

Great! Thanks, I got a 84 Z-28 thats been wrecked sitting out back that I can use parts from. Do the rear springs interchange? O any other suspention parts interchange for that mater?

Originally posted by Drop Top
Great! Thanks, I got a 84 Z-28 thats been wrecked sitting out back that I can use parts from. Do the rear springs interchange? O any other suspention parts interchange for that mater?

If you want to try F body rear springs, you also need to take the hard upper inserts as well

F car springs are not pigtailed on both ends like G bodies, so the insert is required.

Originally posted by Drop Top
Will the rear springs change the highth any? Thanks :cool:

I would think it would lower a bit, but I'm not 100% sure. spring rates and actual ride height vary from model to model and year to year...

Ok thanks. Is there any front spring changes that will help in the handleing department? Without buying aftermarket that is. We have 3 differant pull your own yards to choose from around here.

v8 F car springs have better rates than g body springs, but are very tall... I know guys that have cut 1 full coil off F car springs to correct ride height for G bodies...

Bear in mind that cutting the coil ALSO increases spring rate... so they get VERY stiff when you do this...

but it does work...

Thanks for the heads up. I've cut springs before. I used to drive GM 1/2 ton step side pick ups in the late 70's and the 80's. Before you could go buy them thats what we had to do. It shure helped the handleing in them.