Suggestions on Engine Build Needed

tonysmach

I am going to have an engine built. My goal is a streetable, show and go, 10.5 second car on pump gas & alky...about 600 rwhp. Here is what I am planning but looking for suggestions from the board members here. What would you add or change?
  • 109 block with center steel caps
  • Diamond Pistons .10 over
  • K1 H-Beam rods
  • Stock Stroke steel crank (DLS?)
  • DLS Billet roller cam 218/218 or 224/224
  • Roller Rockers 1.55 or 1.65
  • 70MM Kenne Bell TB & Plenum
  • Single Nozzle Alkycontrol (dual nozzle needed?)
  • Stock mildly ported intake
  • GN1 Aluminum Heads
  • Stock ECM with LS1 MAF
  • TT 6.0 chip
  • PTE 64/65 or 62/65 or 62/62 DBB turbo
  • 3000 Stall 10" LU converter (PTC 9.5" in future)
  • ATR 3" Internal WG DP, ATR headers, ATR 2.5" Exhaust
See my signature for other supporting mods.

I have never had it to the track. However it did put down 422 rwhp 500+ rwt on the dyno at about 27#. I don't believe tune was very good.

I think you should be close to 600 right now with your combo and a good tune. That 400 number seems too low.

If you were to do some research, you will find that is not the only style turbo piston made by Diamond. I would NOT use that style piston, but they also make a fine turbo piston with a conventional dish, and I have recently used a set in a local build.

We all appreciate info about parts and companies, good or bad, but give the entire story as Diamond makes some excellent products. :cool:

They make some really trick stuff for imports and other special engines, it is not fair to single out one questionable product from a reputable company. :)

Thanks for the info. If I don't go with Diamond what are other suggestions.

I would call Nick directly, maybe also call Dan at DLS, maybe Cotton. I really can't help you. I have JE pistons and so far so good.