stupid sister/brother in law

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
ugh over a year ago now my sister and her boyfriend got hitched, congradulations, im glad there happy together... well its now over a year later and they are still living at home, with me and my parents... they have there own house, but they have been renavating (sp?) it for the last 6 months (but its in livable condition).. now i find that really annoying because since day one that they have moved in, our house has had boxes of theres piled up everywhere, in the living room, in the hallway that leads to the bedrooms, in the garage... im starting to get really sick of them and their crap...

this is the part that i really get pissed about.. anderson, my brother in law, runs his own little construction, hes a one man shop, he does drywall, electrical, whatever he can do to make a buck.. well you would think that with his own company he would have his own car.. well at first he would take my el camino at random use up all the gas and not fill it up.. since it was stolen and he couldnt do that anymore he got a work van.. he then grew the balls to go into the garage and take whatever he needed with out asking.. so far he has taken our grinder, sawzall, dremel, hammers, slege hammers, drill bits, masonary bits, saw horses, garage's floor fan, he took our 30 gal air compresser (but i got that back real quick), our 100ft air hose, and a lot of other stuff that i either havent noticed is gone yet or cant think of right now..

now this wouldnt bother me as much if he would return the tools when he was done, (most of the stuff i havent seen again).. but the stuff that i do see again is nearly wrecked, it has all drywall dust, tile dust or anyother form of debris that nearly causes the thing not to work any more...

now yesterday, i went go my hair cut, came home dilly dalling around that house and he comes home, he kept asking me, what happened to your head? i turned around and asked him... what happed to my tools? he didnt really answer me..

anyways what would you do if you where me?

-neil

Well since there home is LIVABLE, You should go & live there.

At least you will be away from them.

yeah live at thier house, at least all your tools are there :)

dude, talk to your parents!!!!!!!!!

i should go live in there house, that would be funny, they claim to move out this weekend up i highly doubt it for some reason..

and my parents wont just kick them out, even though both of them are sick of there stuff...

-neil

Why are you living at home? Move out and you won't have to worry about them or your parents.

His stuff is at your house?

I would start rummaging through his boxes of stuff and "borrow" a few things. When he asks for them back, hold them hostage until he give you your tools back. Fight fire with fire. If he no longer has the tools, then you no longer have his stuff!

get a tool shed & lock up your tools & have your parents to ask them when are they moving back to their own house. they'll get the hint. :D

I would sure be locking up my tools before the 'move' process starts...:rolleyes: no telling what might go if they have boxes of stuff in the garage to move...

Your folks should grow some balls. Back them up with a list of missing items AND the condition of returned items. Usually parents want to help if they have the means, and that may be what's going on here. If your folks don't mind it, then ask pops to replace the tools you need. Either they don't mind, don't know, or don't want to ruffle any feathers cause they have no spine.

That's just RUDE and someone needs to make him know.

Lock up what you have left NOW!

Make a list of what's missing. Give a copy to your dad and him at the same time. Let them know that you need them and want them back *today*.
Use a tool, but put it back--clean. He's part of the family now, but he needs to be taught some basic friggin' manners. If he's going to do that kind of work, he needs to get off his !@# and get his own tools.
Or, if you have the money, get a storage unit and move your tools there. Good place to do some work on the car if you get a big one, and have some privacy. Not cheap though.

Whenever someone takes something of mine and doesnt put it back, I take something of theres that is twice as valuable. I have a 20x60 garage and its full of tools that I bought with my own hard earned money, as a matter of fact I have to pay the snap-on guy $100 a week for the next 3 months. I keep a very close eye on my tools. My dad is getting remarried in June and his fiances loser son, whos 28 and still lives at home, took a hammer, a cresent wrench and some other stuff the one day. Later on when I noticed it was missing I took the keys out of his car and told him if he wants his keys back I want my stuff back. We ended up fighting in the driveway with my dad trying to break us up. I guess I won, because I got my stuff back and he got a black eye. I just turned 18 BTW, I know how it is to have gutless parents that wont deal with the other kids. It sucks.

Loss Prevention

Get yourself a greenlee or other brand of jobsite box and keep it locked up with your goodies inside. I know out on the jobsite I keep my stuff locked down when not in use as it tends to grow legs and wander off. Larger items need a chain and padlock. I do like the aquisition program by which you are compensated with his belongings in lew of your own. The cat idea might not be bad but I don't thing they would get it. Good Luck.

Rich