stroker kits for 3.8litre buick

V

vsboy

Hi, Im new to the forum so first Ill introduce myself.. Im Rory, Im from Australia.. and I drive a 97 model supercharged vs v6 commodore (3.8 litre)

I am Looking to build a twin turbo buick 6.. we have the 3.8litre buick engines in our Commodores, and barely anybody has a turbo buick 6 here. So iam looking at being different, instead of supercharged 6's.. / big 8's/blown 8's.. I want a ball tearer of a turbo 6 as my one of my weekend cars (i currently have the shell for it stripped back an ready to paint)

My question is in regards to stroker kits.. is any1 running one on a turbo buick.. and who in the us sells them?.. and what kinda costs do they run for?

thx

If you're referring to the later model 3800 Buick motors, a better place to ask the question would be in the forum for the 3800 motors...They are a little bit different motor than the turbo 3.8 in the GN/TRs...Hope this steers you to the right answers...

Rumors also have it that GM will be importing(yikes, might be the wrong word for it, at least it sounds wrong) the Holden Monaro here to the US...Have you heard anything Down Under about this???

I know that...I was just asking him since he is in Australia and was wondering if they have any other info there about it...

I don't believe there is an off the shelf stroker kit available. It would have to be a custom order and therefore, really expensive....Lack of cranks for the old 3.8 block that we use, whether stock stroke, or not...is a growing problem.

TAPerformance is in the process of casting a new aluminum 3.8 block and is considering a steel crank as a future project.

monaro

yeh.. its been talked about a fair bit in the press.. sounds good.. car will get completely tricked out and made alot safe before it goes over.. which means better product for us too.. what did u want to know?