Stand alone Trans Cooler for street use

Have the pull the 200 out in a few weeks to get freshened up and need to revisit my trans cooler setup. Originally I had a B&M SuperCooler 11"x11" mounted between the front mount and the condenser in line with a F-body radiator. Trans temp was always solid in the South Florida heat and drag racing, never over 180 degrees. A few years ago a buddy of mine with a TrailBlazer SS had two radiators fail and allow trans fluid and coolant to mix. Needless to say two trans rebuilds and cooling system flushes was not pretty or cheap.

I've since pulled the radiator out of the equation in fear of similar issue and now run the cooler stand alone in the same location. Trans temp generally went up ~10 degrees on the street but on the track it would get to ~210 degrees on the big end and would quickly come down and I cruised back to the ticket booth. To me that's too hot.

I have two ideas:
  • Move the cooler to the stock intercooler location on an angle to capture as much air between the air damns without a fan.
  • Move the cooler to the rear of the car where the stock muffler was and run a fan and temp controlled switch
The car will be driven on the street ~1000 miles a year with several track outings. Details on the setup is in my sig. Anyone have any experience with either setup on the street?

i have a derale mounted on the front lip of the fuel tank.fit perfectly also with the aftermarket in between condensor and fmic.Works great with my
9.5 n/l converter

One of the benefits to running a radiator mounted oil cooler is faster oil warm up after cold start.

From what I've read & heard, 160 degrees is supposed to be the best operating temperature for an auto trans.

One of the benefits to running a radiator mounted oil cooler is faster oil warm up after cold start.

From what I've read & heard, 160 degrees is supposed to be the best operating temperature for an auto trans.
I run all 3.
the derale is the 3rd with the inline fan switch.If that fan is running i know the first two havent kept up it under 190.