speedo cable/dash

rev. 3:11

"BEHOLD! I COME QUICKLY..."
I nee advice w/ 2 problems:
speedo cable either broken or disconnected fron tranny; qestion- I removed instrument panel and had to pull speedo cable to get slack, could this have disconnected it from the tranny? It is definately disconnected as I have no speedo/ odo and I can hear clicking which increases as I accelerate. I just need to know how big a pain it will be to fix!!

Also, when I removed I/P I fuond the bottom left screwhole in the plastic was stripped and now my gas gauge isn't functioning properly ( wondering if the ground ir conection is loose due to stripped screw)
Thanks in advance for any advise/help!:D

There is a speedo connection under the hood on the drivers side by the brake booster. Check there first and make sure the connection is good

connection is good on topside, noise coming from tranny area under car. Don't know what I'll fin but I'm wondering if the cable could have been pulled loose, doesn't seem like GM would install a cable that didn't thread in :confused: Anybody know if it will harm cable to run it like this until I can get under it? It is my daily driver so I'm limited in my options and down-time