Soft 2-3hift

Lee Thompson

On a fresh rebuilt, all shift are as they should be, quick and crisp, except 2-3 not quite as nice. Is there any adj. I can make with out pulling trans? Would increased line pressure help, would shimming the servo help? Direct clutch stack was .045 at time of assembly. All new blue clutches in direct with kolene steels. Borg Warner HP stock style band with .050 travel. ANY ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Be careful tinkering with that 2-3 shift.

You don't wan't to wind up with a bind or the dreaded flare. Flairing shouldn't be too much of a concern with the clearances you have chosen.

One thing to remember is that the 2-3 shift has a fair amount of accumulation (shock absorbtion) built into it by the virtue of it having to push the band off.

Have you measured your current line pressures?

2-3 shift

Yes, I have checked line pressure, but only at min. tv at idle--100 psi and max. tv at 1500 rpm-- 240 psi. Did not check in individual gears. Should I ? What about any changes I couldtry
Thanks for your reply

Re: 2-3 shift

Originally posted by Lee Thompson
Yes, I have checked line pressure, but only at min. tv at idle--100 psi and max. tv at 1500 rpm-- 240 psi. Did not check in individual gears. Should I ? What about any changes I couldtry
Thanks for your reply

That is good line.
Ck it hot driving under power. See if it fluctuates...

Bruce
WE4

I had the same problem after a recent rebuild . I thought it may be the AC non-lock 9" . I swaped out the servo for a Superior Super Servo . It cleaned up the shifts and made the 2-3 hit harder. I am very happy with it now.