SMC instructions

Kellen gn

I have a rectangle bottle smc kit with the intank pump, the system was disconnected when i got the car and am looking into reconnecting the system. First off is this style system progressive or non progressive. Does anyone have info on reconnecting the controller inside the car and how to go about adjusting it?

Thanks,
Kellen

I have the same kit and it is not progressive...Can't say for sure but there is a good possibility the pump will be bad as this was probably why the system was not in use.The system will work pretty well as long as you make sure the pump is both working or not too weak.

This is not recommended but I have been using a stock fuel pump out of an 86' GN and so far so good, but I was told it would never last. I think you can get a replacement pump very similiar to the original from the parts store that is used in a Chrysler mini van. So if you do a search you can proabably come up with exactly the pump you need. Later today if you don't have your info I can tell you how the wires should be connected to the controller and how I adjust my knobs although it can vary.
HTH

Thanks for the info, the pump is bad for sure and will need to be replaced. I have the controller hooked up the whole time i just need to know what pump if possible and how to go about tuning the controller.

Pump turned all the way down, start at 18 psi or so and make a wot run in top of third gear. If you experience detonation turn the controller up a bit until you don't get detonation any more. Rinse repeat as you turn the boost up. Keep an eye on 02 values to make sure you are not initially too lean. 780-810 is nice without alky. Alky will drop the 02 value to 750 or so. If you go full spray at low boost, it may seem like the alky is bogging the car down. Turn the alky down during the run and you will feel the sweet spot where the power comes back in.
Most people don't have that issue with a single nozzle kit.

My theory is that you only need to set the controller to a little more than what is needed to suppress knock - to be safe.

I ran about 26 psi on an old kit like yours.

Do you have the ability to monitor the cars values?
Do you have the ability to tune timing with your chip?

Does your controller have 2 very small screwdriver slots to set turn on point & max settings? If not then its not progressive.