Slow GN

John S

i am a syclone guy by heart, but my buddy has a GN with a decent amount of work done to it, TA49, 36 pound injectors, lunati non roller cam, 3200 non lock up converter, and a holley fuel pump, his car cant get out of the 14's and has only run 13.7 once with race gas and slicks, he knows **** about turbo cars so im trying to help him out, but im not to familiar with these cars, any suggestion, the car has about 3000 miles on a rebuilt motor, the person re-used the stock pistons and the car had 140,000 on it

thanks John S

1. Scantool

2. Fuel pressure gauge

3. Boost Gauge

4. Adjustable fuel pressure reg. and wastegate arm

5. Good street chip to start

6. Good air intake system and fuel pump and system

7. Good free flowing exhaust, hollow cat.

Need some numbers to see what's wrong with her....

boost will spike to 15 then drop till 11 or 12, thats what he claims at least, what is the best scan tool out there?he has a 2.5 in exhaust with a hi flo cat, and a 3 inch DP, im kinda leaning towards the wrong cam, and he has a PT chip in it

Don't worry...I have a slow GN as well. A friend of mine has a Dodge CSX-T, and all I see of that car is tail lights. He says that I should kick his cars ass if my GN was tuned right. I am trying to learn how to tune these cars, but its hard to learn when you don't know that much about mechanical type stuff.

Chris

SalvageV6 is right, gotta get some info that he requested. I agree, something doesn't seem right. My car is almost a bone stock 87 T-Type & runs 13.70 @ 99.09. That is with street radial tires, street chip, Big-Mouth air intake & a Hooker exhaust. His car should be running faster than it is...

John,
by looking at your sig you ma be from MA. Willie at Custom Tubes should know a few TR people around. There are a bunch of us from MA that he could hook up with to try and get the car tuned in. As already stated, scan tool is a must. Does sound like something is awry. Start with the basics and getting it in tune first. Change the fuel filter, get some gauges, and get it so it is running mint, then we can start to up the performance. At least then, you'd know it was in a good state of tune. Maybe someone local has a direct scan or something so you could take a look at everything. Cam is probably fine, especially with that converter.
Good luck