Single shot exhaust to duals conversion?

VaderGN

Ok here's where I'm stuck.

I currently have a 3" single shot ATR stainless exhaust, no catalytic convertor with downpipe and electric cutout.

Nothing wrong with it, but I like the dual look better. For me to go to a dual setup what would I need?

Also they've told me that a single shot is louder then duals, is this true?

Thanks for any help.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Single shot is louder. Its also a direct route out the back of the car. Duals, the exhaust stream has to hit a split and divert. But if you have a 3 inch system into 3 inch duals I dont think there's much if any restriction at all. I also think it looks better.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I ran catless and no muffler....it sounded awesome. The drone didnt bother me, but it droned a bunch.

I bought the car like that but I figure if the cost factor is too great I'll just leave it like it is. There are other things that it could use verses something just for the looks.

I ran catless and no muffler....it sounded awesome. The drone didnt bother me, but it droned a bunch.

Would you say the drone was as load as running with a cutout fully open? Trying to imagine how it would sound with no muffler.

3000-3500 rpm sounded like the tail pipes ended behind my head in the cabin. Put your foot in it and it sounded like awesome.

3000-3500 rpm sounded like the tail pipes ended behind my head in the cabin. Put your foot in it and it sounded like awesome.

Maybe sounding something like those 70s muscle cars?

The idle sounds like a big block with a mild cam.

i have a single 3in downpipe all the way back with a cat and i think it sounds horrible:( hence why i still have the cat on it,afraid its gonna sound worse without it and more like a honda civic:mad: