Shane Stack vs. David Reese at Sunshine dragstrip in HU Madness

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Video of Heads Up Madness Radial and 10.5 Final June 30 2007 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was the final round of the Stock Suspension/Radial Tire class at this event between the two fastest stock suspension radial cars in all the land (both have been 4.8's in the 1/8 in ORSCA EZ street trim)... Reese is in the far lane (black mustang coupe) and Stack is in the near lane in his red Monte Carlo.. Apparently Reese's 'chute deployed early and Stack takes the win and the 4K for this race:cool:

The second part of the vid is the final in Outlaw 10.5 for those that might be interested..

Daaaum those were quick!

BW

Yep as I said both are the fastest in stock suspension/radial competition with Shane Stack's Monte having run a 4.88 @158mph and Reese's Mustang having run 4.89 @157mph... Stack's car is powered by a 436 cube SB2 headed single turbo SBC and Reese's car has a 615 cube Procharged Splayed valve headed BBC monster on Alky...

I hate I missed this race. I stayed home so I could get my motor apart. Lots of smack talk from the Pirez boys and a few of the other racers who thought all the bad radial cars were from FL. A few even said the ORSCA boys were only fast because the tracks are better here:D That's the only reason Shane and Reese went, to prove a point and I guess they got the picture. Shane even left the ORSCA restrictor in the turbo....All they heard was how the local guys were gonna wipe the floor with them. There are a ton of bad radial cars from that area...they had 31 cars show I believe. I still can't adjust to seeing Pro-stock scoops and Lexan glass on Radial cars like they allow down there. It don't look right. Shane said most guys were cool when they got there. Mostly just a few internet tough guys but you could tell a few did not like the outsiders coming in and stealing the show.

Reese walked away with a lot of $$ also. They had event money for first to 5.0, first to 4's, low e.t, high mph which Reese won on top of runner up money. I think that came out to $3k.

The black Fairmont is no joke either. It was a SBC but now has Darrin Hoyle's old 632 from the Limited Street Camaro. It has been 5.01 also.

I hate I missed this race. I stayed home so I could get my motor apart. Lots of smack talk from the Pirez boys and a few of the other racers who thought all the bad radial cars were from FL. A few even said the ORSCA boys were only fast because the tracks are better here:D That's the only reason Shane and Reese went, to prove a point and I guess they got the picture. Shane even left the ORSCA restrictor in the turbo....All they heard was how the local guys were gonna wipe the floor with them. There are a ton of bad radial cars from that area...they had 31 cars show I believe. I still can't adjust to seeing Pro-stock scoops and Lexan glass on Radial cars like they allow down there. It don't look right. Shane said most guys were cool when they got there. Mostly just a few internet tough guys but you could tell a few did not like the outsiders coming in and stealing the show.

Reese walked away with a lot of $$ also. They had event money for first to 5.0, first to 4's, low e.t, high mph which Reese won on top of runner up money. I think that came out to $3k.

The black Fairmont is no joke either. It was a SBC but now has Darrin Hoyle's old 632 from the Limited Street Camaro. It has been 5.01 also.

Yeah I seen a lot of the smack talk on the Radial board before this event so I knew if Reese and Shane showed up it would be a really good show... To be honest, Sunshine is a pretty crappy track and I was hoping this event would have happened at Immokalee which is a much better run track and usually it hooks pretty well.. In any event, the payouts were good so I'm sure it wasn't a wasted trip for either of them and hopefully some of the FLA smack talkers like Pirez have a better respect for the ORSCA guys after the ass kicking they got:eek: :D :cool: