Seat belt Repairs

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Does anyone have any advise for fixing the crappy belt retractors? The belts in the front do retract but I would like them to retract like they did when they were new. Does any company rebuild old worn out seat belts, this is something probably everyone comes accross with an old car.
Mike

A neighbor said he used Ssnake-oyl

Ssnake Oyl Products

I don't know what he paid - he said it was pricey. If I remember they color matched (sent samples) for the driver belt to the set he had pretty well. Maybe give them a call?

Does anyone have any advise for fixing the crappy belt retractors? The belts in the front do retract but I would like them to retract like they did when they were new. Does any company rebuild old worn out seat belts, this is something probably everyone comes accross with an old car.
Mike

Well, if the belt doesn't retract it's more the mechanism itself than the belt that's defective. I've never taken one apart, but there must be some kind of spring-loaded device in which you could have the spring replaced?...Maybe it would be a good idea to ask guys like Brian at Gbodyparts or Kirban's?

good luck!

Claude. :wink:

When I worked at the dealership we would pull the belt all the way out and spray both sides with silicone spray,up and down 3 or 4 times.It is clear and you cannot tell anything was sprayed on them.However they will retract so fast they will cut your head off:eek:

Kevin