scanmaster not working after 2.2 update..

tonys87

So i finally figured out with some help how to install the drivers to the powerlogger. everything seems to be working correctly but the Scanmaster. when i turn the key over the scanmaster flashes 2.2 and pl 24.8 but dies after that. i have checked the chip and it is installed correctly i also have the wire that went to the ecm hooked up tp the PL block. after checking every possible thing. i decided to re-install the old SM chip and wire to the ecm and it works again.. im a little lost here! what could be the issue? im thinking maybe bad PL block? drives? or maybe the data wire
from ecm tp PL block? or maybe im just a tard..lol

i have tried to post on FT but my account is still not active. so hopefully some one had a similar issue and its something easy. also the only thing installed to the PL block is the Scanmaster wire and the Data wire to the powerlogger.
any help will be appreciated.

So i finally figured out with some help how to install the drivers to the powerlogger. everything seems to be working correctly but the Scanmaster. when i turn the key over the scanmaster flashes 2.2 and pl 24.8 but dies after that. i have checked the chip and it is installed correctly i also have the wire that went to the ecm hooked up tp the PL block. after checking every possible thing. i decided to re-install the old SM chip and wire to the ecm and it works again.. im a little lost here! what could be the issue? im thinking maybe bad PL block? drives? or maybe the data wire
from ecm tp PL block? or maybe im just a tard..lol

i have tried to post on FT but my account is still not active. so hopefully some one had a similar issue and its something easy. also the only thing installed to the PL block is the Scanmaster wire and the Data wire to the powerlogger.
any help will be appreciated.

it sounds like you have installed it correctly. since its getting the powerlogger version (thats the PL24.8) that shows during bootup. I'm not sure why the screen is shutting off after that.

What version is your PL software (look in the help about screen) after the PC connects to the PL, the software version of the PL unit can be seen here also.

Let me know.

Bob

TurboBob, Hey so there is an update to the scanmaster? I have 2.1 w/powerlogger. If there is an update, where can I get it?

The update to 2.2 is only for use with the Powerlogger. The Powerlogger comes with the updated chip that plugs into the Scanmaster. That chip updates it to the 2.2 version.
Eric

Eric, that is what I thought. I seen update and then had a brain fart. Thanks a lot!!

So in the help section under about Plc . It says Plc version 1.4.0
Hope this helps.

use the laptop and connect to the PL, then check the help about.

You might try updating the PL to the current version (3.0)

the update button is on the help screen, you want PL030.s19, which should be in the PowerLogger folder.

Bob

I updated the software to PL030 and it says...
Programming complete: 100%
Memory verified: Ok

Scan master is still not working and if I check the PLC version in the help section it still says 1.4.0
Don't have a clue on what's going on?!

Correction...after the PLC version 1.4.0
It says powerlogger interface version 3.0

So it looks like everything is up to par. But still no working!