Running hot!

So about 30 minutes ago I'm on my way to the parts store to get a Rad and tstat and coolant. I'm monitoring the coolant temp on my scanmaster. Crazy but the temp never stayed between 168-170 on the freeway. So then I pulled over and let the car idle for a few and the highest the temp reached was 173. So I turned the AC on and drove around and the highest was around 183 or lower. The current temp here in wa state is 57. But the other day driving at night when the temp was even cooler I still seen my water temp reach 200+ and never came down.. What is going on. The only thing that I did that I noticed was last night I turned the heater on and my water temp seem to be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

temp is high while I'm driving. Seen it go up to 210 while driving.

Low fan is wired to come on at high speed. It comes on at about 168, I have a ttchip. And it also comes on at around 220. I have a 160 t-stat. I flushed my rad about two weeks ago and after that it started running hot while driving.

Possibilies:

Air in system?
Need new rad?
Need new water pump?

THANKS IN ADVANCED!

Why did you flush the radiator ? What did you use to flush it and how was it done ? How many miles are on the engine/water pump/head gaskets ? It would be helpful if you put all your mods and information about your car in your signature.

133k. Car is completely stock. I flushed it because I saw some discoloration .

133k. Car is completely stock. I flushed it because I saw some discoloration .

How long have you owned the car, since new ? With that many miles i think a new radiator will serve you good. Not sure it's your only problem though. Kind of hard to say or guess over the internet what is exactly going on with the car.