Rubber or Poly

boostin6

Gotta Love That BOOST!
Question for everybody....I'm gonna put new springs front and rear and I want to replace the upper and lower CA bushings, and the front A-Arm bushings.....Should I go with the stock rubber or use the performance polyurethane ones????

Somebody told me that the poly. ones ride fairly rough compared to the stock ones.....And I heard they squeak....

Any input would be appreciated....

HR Parts bushings in the rear. Greaseable poly.

Get the whole arm or the boxing kit and new bushings you can press on the stockers.

No squeaks on my daily driver.

bushings

I put the Poygrafite bushings in the front upper and lower control arms of my Maroon T about 7 years ago. They did do wonders firming up the ront end, not harsh at all just firm. But I like most have found that they will start to squeak at some point. Mine started after the 3'rd year and has gotten worse as time goes by. This on a car that's driven maybe 2,500 miles a year. The rear end has a set of Hotchkiss upper and lower arms with the poly bushings and zerks and have never been a problem. I'm sure any of the after market bars, HR parts etc. will work fine. If I was doing it over the front end would have gotten a set of the Global West Del-A-Lum bushings in the control arms or 1Le bushings. My thoughts for FWIW. Kenny

If you have the $$$ I would say Global West Del-A-lums all the way. I love mine, zero slop and zero bind on the A-arms. They leave the springs and shocks to do their job of controlling the suspension movement.

If that's not an option, I would say fresh rubber bushings.

Initial designs in the 1930's were zero deflection - just like Del-A-Lum. Only problem was that they had to be periodically greased, which is a pain - even with grease fittings. The ride was also a bit harsh.

Rubber was implemented to solve the problem. You could install it and never worry about greasing it. It had its disadvantages, too, though...rubber deflected a lot more than the steel did, and it had a limited lifespan.

Polyurethane came about as a compromise - nearly zero deflection, long lifespan, and no need for periodic greasing. This had one drawback - squeaking.

Polygraphite, honestly, is the best solution out there. It's graphite impregnated, so there are NO squeaks. Almost zero deflection - meaning it performs extremely close to as well as a solid-design bushing, such as the Del-A-Lum. No need for periodic maintenance - no greasing after the install - ever. And it will last as long as your car will.

Del-A-Lums definitely provide incredible performance. So did the steeling bushings 70 years ago.

Polygraphite is almost zero deflection, and are one less reason that you have to crawl underneath your car.

Just my $.02 :D