RMI additive straight water to be used in new engine, questions

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
So I have done some search learning about the RMI-25. I have made no shortcuts on the new build, so therefore no shortcuts on the engine cooling either. I found a few of the answers that I was looking for, such as mixing water with the RMI, distilled, tap, filtered, etc... I believe 100% filtered water in the system is the smart choice for my region, and the car's storage temperature.

Now my second question is a little more hard to find on the search. I use dual fans, the block is freshly cooked, and cleaned, radiator is relatively new and I am using a 160* thermostat, the trans cooler is not used, as I use a Derale for the trans. On a typical summer day in Cincinnati it may be 85-90* and my car would run at 180-185** with antifreeze, water mix. Based on RMI claims with dropping temps 15-20* would it be possible that the car would always run at the thermostat open temps of 160* and thats it? Almost seems too cold??

i run around at 162-168 , i set my fan turn on a little higher in winter
if you want warmer put a 170 in there

curious. Because the car is a hot air car, there would be benefits to cooler engine temperatures wouldn't there? Or am I thinking too basic and if the engine runs cooler, the exhaust gases would still be at ignite temps?

cooler is better but the oil has to flow too and too cool isnt good for hp

Depends on how you run the car, and in what climates. If you run your car like I do, which is all out, and only during the summer, you're just fine with 100% DISTILLED water w/ RMI25 and a good radiator/fan setup. ESPECIALLY if you're a hot air. I would run as absolutely as cool as I could WITH alcohol if I were running a hot air. Your oil's viscosity will be just fine with that set up in the summer, with lots of boost. IF, you're worried about it, switch to a little thinner oil then.

My car runs in the 160s with RMI, distilled water, stock fan, 160 thermostat in Indianapolis in summer. I use E85 and I hear that contributes to cooler operating temps as well. Distilled water is important because there are no minerals. In Indiana the tap water, even filtered, has alot of lime in it. Most homes have water softeners to counteract it for daily use. Minerals will eventually damage your cooling system. Distilled water is super cheap at Walmart, maybe 70 cents a gallon and you might need 3.

My car runs in the 160s with RMI, distilled water, stock fan, 160 thermostat in Indianapolis in summer. I use E85 and I hear that contributes to cooler operating temps as well. Distilled water is important because there are no minerals. In Indiana the tap water, even filtered, has alot of lime in it. Most homes have water softeners to counteract it for daily use. Minerals will eventually damage your cooling system. Distilled water is super cheap at Walmart, maybe 70 cents a gallon and you might need 3.

How much rmi-25 are you mixing in with your distilled water? I know I'm a bit late to the party,but I guess that's why we have a search feature.. Thanks guys. Enjoyed the post btw

I took a wise man's advice (Nick at AZ GN) to use filtered water with RMI. One bottle of the RMI, and BTW.....all corrosion and gunk is completely gone out of my system.

8oz.,1qt.,1gal. ??? I ordered a quart today and didn't see a mix ratio on their site or have I heard anyone mention it specifically.. I'm sure the bottle will have,but was curious ..Thanks,Joe

chart show 2oz per gallon but if you read the text they say to double that when using distilled water only

our cars typically hold three gallons so 6 oz with antifreeze, 12oz with just distilled water