Refinishing Allum, T-type Rims?

87 WE2

I WANT TO REFINISH MY 86 T-TYPE RIMS,.
I AM GOING TO SANDBLAST THEM, POLISH THE SPOKES/OUTERLIPS OF THE RIMS THEN CLEAR COAT THEM WITH A SATIN CLEAR POWDER COATING

MY QUESTION IS AFTER SAND BLASTING THESE IT IS GOING TO TAKE THE SMOOTH FINISH OFF THE RIMS SPOKES AND OUTER EDGES/LIPS.
WHAT DO I USE TO POLISH UP THOSE PARTS SMOOTH AGAIN, I KNOW WHERE TO BUT THE PRODUCTS JUST WONDERING WHAT TO USE PRODUCTS TO USE SUCH AS BUFFING COMPONDS/AND GRITS ETC...
HAS ANYONE DONE THIS AND WHAT ADVISE DO YOU HAVE?

something from one fo my previous posts...thought it might help:

It took about an hour starting off with a brown rouge block, next came the white rouge block, and finally hit it with the wenol.

My rims are my babies though...I bought them at a junkyard for $50 a piece, and they were BAD . I did some homework, and started sanding on them...I basically did what FOUR-FOUR-TWO said, and started withe 200 grit, and progressively worked my way up to 2000 grit sandpaper. Next I hit them with the rouge blocks, and the wenol...and DAMN . My friends thought I sent them away and had them dipped!

I don't have any pix yet of just the rims, but I'm working on some...I'll keep ya posted...and if any of you guy's have any more questions, or need some info or tricks (not necessarily tricks, but way's to make it easier, or something like that) feel free to drop me an email. (I'm not saying that I'm a "guru" in ANY way, I just like to fiddle around with it!)

Thanks again for the comments...kinda shows you what sweat equity and too much free time can do, huh?

John