Ran a '98 SS Camaro

BuickMike

Money pit
I was on my way down to a local car show saturday night with my wife and a couple of friends who came out from California. As I was about tu turn right, I see a black 4th Gen Camaro ahead of me in the same lane. He turns and I notice a single 3" exhaust pipe and I'm thinking SLP. I line up with him at a 50mph roll and see that it was indeed an SS. We both nail it and he gets the jump on me and pulls hard. It was then that I realized that by boost was set at 12psi and I have a 20% mix of Xylene in the tank. I opened up my center console and cranked the boost up to 18psi and rolled back up for more. We both hit it at the same time and he fell back to my rear quarter panel. As we hit 85+mph he was creeping back up really slowly and we both let off because of traffic ahead. We both stopped at a light between other cars, rolled down our windows, and talked. The guy was real cool. He actually complimented me on my beat down looking GN. As we went our different directions I realized that I was running the AC. Oops. It probably would have been a sweet kill story had I been w/out passengers & AC and caught him at a light, but I have to give out a lot of respect to the 4th gen F-Bodies. It was a fun race.

not to take anything away from the kill, cause i have yet to run a slp car, but AC being on does not affect you at WOT as the compressor disengages...the motor still blows cold air however...be aware though, when you let off the gas at 5000 rpm's, A/C comp. probably doesnt like you very much when it has to re-engage :)

but again nice kill man...next time go from the standing start if you can....you will see his headlites in the mirror :)

dan

whats up Mike!!!

Hey Mike,

I see you are beating up on Camaro's out there in Arizona now huh???? Glad to see the car is running good!!! Hope everything is good with you!!! The new track out here in Los Angeles should be opening next month around Sept 9th or 10th!!!

Take care of your family and yourself
Later,
Mack