questions for Injectors

Danster

I read somewhere to check if an injector is leaking is to monitor the fuel pressure gauge after the car has been turned off. I noticed before my fpr gauge was reading 40 at idle (vacuum on), after the car was turned off I monitored the gauge 10 minutes later and the reading was around 26. It usually stops around 20.

Is one of my injectors leaking? Should it always hold the pressure without any movement?

These are stock injectors, is it time for new ones? If so, I've heard alot of good things about the blue tops. However, these cannot be purchased new anymore. Would it make sense to go with used blue tops or get other ones? I will eventually go with a bigger turbo (TA-49).

I don't know for sure how fast I want to run the car. Was thinking around low 12's possible high 11's. The car may become my daily driver for a while.

Thanks in advance!

Dannyo

Inj info

Dan, i think the inj's are ok as far as the leakdown goes. It is common to see a drop. What you don't like to see is it go to zero quickly. That's an indication there's a leak.. Not necc. the inj's. could be a regulator, FP check valve.
You don't say how many miles are on the inj's now.. I do inj cleaning and testing. I see MOST stock GN injectors are in need of clean and flow test after about 60,000 to 75,000 mi. I also see MOST all I do clean are, once cleaned , good as new and some I have done are over 100,000 and look like new when done.

As for stepping up to a 44 or 49 turbo. I'd look at the "green stripes", 42.5pph inj's. 36# are on the edge if you get SERIOUS w/ the boost.;)

Thanks for the reply Chuck! I have 98 K on the car. Don't know if these injectors have ever been taken off.

What king of testing do you perform on the injectors? Can you send me an e-mail and let know what you charge for your services and method of payment, thanks!

Dannyo