Pypes SS exhaust longevity ?

ikle

Ok,after a lot of thought and much reading I decided to go with the Pypes SS system over the RJC 3"exhaust. I figure I will have a better chance of getting the Pypes system to fit better having a rear end girdle and a pro touring type rear swaybar. My question to all you Pypes SS exhaust owners is How long will this system last ? What does it look like after being on the car for a few years, should I get it powder coated ? Thanks for all of your suggestions, it was a huge help. Kyle

If you want to do anything to it .........polish it. It will out live you and me combined. The mufflers may die in ten years but the tubing will last forever. Providing its 304 stainless and not 409 stainless. 409 stainless will only last 800 years instead of forever. 409 stainless will turn an ugly brown right away. Never powder coat exhaust pieces. You can have them thermal coated but not needed.

If you want to do anything to it .........polish it. It will out live you and me combined. The mufflers may die in ten years but the tubing will last forever. Providing its 304 stainless and not 409 stainless. 409 stainless will only last 800 years instead of forever. 409 stainless will turn an ugly brown right away. Never powder coat exhaust pieces. You can have them thermal coated but not needed.

Yeah I wish Pypes would offer it in 304 but unfortunately it's only 409, is there anything I can do to stop it from turning brown. Thanks, Kyle.

I take it you don't drive your car much? I have it and its seen snow, rain, salt, oil, and trans fluid. Just brownish, no rust isues. I like it a lot!!