Put down an LS1 Z with my stock 93 Cobra (GN is down for maintenance)

HISS THIS!!! I spank cobra's all day long at the track. But there is one or two modded 2003's that can out run me but I still out bracket them. BTW there are plenty of 6sp LS1 guys who can't drive but I'm not one of them. :D Even Z06's have a hard time keeping up with my Z. Escuse me now while I bolt on a nitrous kit and shoot for some 10's He he he he :D

Yes it is possible to run high 11's @112-114mph with a stock turbo, but it is NOT easy! If you checked the recipe page on www.gnttype.org you would have seen Jeff Fox's $1500 recipe and what he did to run 11.90's @113mph with his stock turbo.... here is a link to Jeff's recipe for an 11 second GN with a stock turbo.... http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/foxrecipe.html
BTW, there are no differences between the 86 and 87 drivetrain there was however a difference between the 84-85 Hotair TRs and the 86-87 intercooled TRs.... also keep in mind the difference between the Hotair TRs and Intercooled TRs was much more than just an intercooler so maybe you had a Hotair car 84-85 and somebody put an 87 drivetrain in it??

Later.

Also, make sure you do the "Spring Cleaning" on the gnttype.org page and keep in mind that you can run in the 11's with the stock injectors like Jeff did, but it isn't a good idea IMO unless they are cleaned and flowed by a pro and you are on top of the tune (you have a good amount of tuning know-how).... just some helpful hints from a guy that's been there and done that:)

Here is a link to the Spring Cleaning (basically making sure your TR is in good running condition before you really start modding it and racing it).... http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

my 86 is a factory intercooled car ,i bought the body only and the complete drivetrain from ebay.i am going to buy a front mount intercooler and big mouth cold air kit,that should be a good start.

The big mouth cold air kit would be a good start, but the front mount intercooler you don't really need at this point and keep in mind that a FM IC will make your car run higher engine temps especially if you drive the car daily and you live in an area where the climate is hotter so you most likely will have to upgrade your radiator to an aluminum 3 core (CAS sells a really nice one and so does Be Cool) and/or get a good fan like the ATR 2800 cfm high speed fan kit or some dual spal fans.... Make sure you get a hot wired 340 or 307 Walbro fuel pump (you can get one from PTE www.precisionte.com ) and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator as well as some kind of an after market chip like a Thrasher or one from Red Armstrong @ Quad Air Inc., Jim Testa, Jay Carter, or PTE.... As I mentioned earlier in the thread and I can not stress enough how important it is for you to do your Spring Cleaning and make sure your TR is in good proper running condition before you start modding the car and racing it (changing the valve springs will help you see some mph gains cause the stock rusted ones won't be helping).... Again the money you will spend on a front mount intercooler (about $1K) and upgrading your cooling system (about $200-$500) can be better spent cause your car won't be fast enough to take advantage of it cause there are plenty of guys running deep in the 11's and even some in the 10's with the stock intercooler or stock located stretch intercoolers.... Start a thread in the General Turbo Buick Tech section and you will get a lot of great feedback from others on what you should be spending your money on at this point in time to get you from having a low 14 - high 13 second GN to having one that runs 11's!:cool:

86brick take my email add. from the thread and send me yours if you have one and Iwill keep you informed when I start on it in the spring.i did go and get the 11 second recipe for 1500.00
we will see how good i can tune in the spring with a little cleaning.

Originally posted by Terry
I've posted here several times about killing LS1s with my GN. My GN is mostly stock, runs 14 PSI, exhaust and K&N, just like the Mustang, except it's much less reliable.

I'm curious why it is that no one calls bull**** on me when I post that I've beaten an LS1 with a 16 year old stock intermediate sedan with a 6 cylinder from a non-performance division?

Dude,WTF do you mean by "non performance division"? You have a very poor knowledge of what is Buick.Brush up.

im laughing cause this "mostly stock" LS1 has turned into a bolt on queen running 11.90's :rolleyes:

i remember back when the 93 cobra's came out, i actually went to the dealership and looked at them, looked at the price tag 26k?? 93's are my favorite year{69/70's are my all time favorite} and i hope that it really did whoop the LS1 camaro-
street racing is street racing, makes the low 14 second car on radials capable of beating a low 13 second car AT THE TRACK RUNNING SLICKS, put radials on that 13 second car, and its not really that fast anymore!!!!

HORSEPOWER REFLECTS MPH, EVENTUALLY YOU WILL CATCH THEM :)

get the right driver, and this may smoke you at the stop light

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871652211

:rolleyes:

higher RWHP doesnt always win races. most LS1s dyno around 300 RWHP, my almost stock L98 dynos around 230 or so. so why are the fbodies running 70+ more RWHP than me run the same if not worse E/Ts?

ford=found on road dead or backwards driver returned on foot

I'd rather push a gm then to drive a ford

i bagged a new z28 without spooling at all.. plus i was eating a junior bacon cheesburger... oh yeah... and i had 225/60 radial t/a's on there too.... grand nationals rule!:D by the way... im really new here.. but i love gn's as much as the next guy. rock on.