pulley question...

arista5

Sold, and Replaced
Staff member
I found a vendor who sells a universal pully set ( assuming stock size pulley's, but does a GN have different size stock pulleys as all other cars?

can there be such a thing as a universal size, will i need to change belts? , I ask this because he has the Crank Pulley, Waterpump Pulley, and Alt Pulley in Billet aluminum for under 100 a set! it's not a GN specific (kinda like a universal rim) it has more holes than needed for the application but needless to say it will look a whole lot better (plus i could probably do something with the holes anyway. and it has the correct serpentine belt rib's.

thanks for the replies

Seems to me the vendor should know what he's selling, but sounds like he doesn't. Pulleys for a TR are common only to a TR.

he didnt tell me they were specifically for a TR he just said universal, and thought i would inquire here before asking more ??'s from him like actual diameter and all

Sounds like he's selling mumbo jumbo to me. Not only is the diameter important but also the offsets. What good are they if they don't line up with the alternator, belt tensioner, and AC compressor?