puking gn

sandman524

Got a little problem. My 86 was spitting and sputtering and pukin. Found out the maf sensor was bad, so I changed it, and put the drivers and pass side breathers in from Kirban. Runs a lot better now, but still pukes and sputters when I tromp on it. It's got a new fuel pump and filter also. Anybody got any ideas about what else it might be??

Sandman:

My car had a bit of a stumble and re-setting the tps seemed to help. I am no tuning genius though... maybe some one else can chime in.

Joel

i would look at the cheapest parts first if you dont know for sure...old racer trick, take the plugs out, look for any that are a different color. shows weak spark, low comp, etc.

What did you change the maf too.. Still sounds like a maf problem.. THe one maf i had ran fine during idel but when i got on it there was nothing.. It started sputtering and so on. Only had maybe 8psi of boost.. SO i just ordered my 3.5 ls1 maf and going to order the translator.. I am tired of replacing maf sensors.. But if its not then do what quick says.. Start with simple stuff.. ALso make sure u reset the ecm after changing the maf sensor..

If it's at W.O.T. with some black smoke it may be your coil pack or module, or the new MAF. :(

More specifics would help, like fuel psi at idle and WOT, O2 volts, MAFs reading at idle and WOT.
Could be lots of things, including coil pack, too much boost, kinked fuel line, faulty fuel psi reg., valve springs, or even leaky vacume lines, especially the vac lines that come off the top of the vacume block.

ok, I got some questions...this is my first gn, so I'm new at this...fisrt off, what are the best tools to get to check boost and fuel pressure? Gonna check some of the other stuff some of you guys mentioned...thanks

think I found a problem....the right port on my wastegate solenoid has nothing attached to it...anybody know where this goes???

I got another hose on the drivers side thats capped off with a screw in it...supposed to go anywhere?

EGR or fuel pressure regulator? I dunno....

You better find a car to compare parts with or shop around for a service manual pronto... :eek:

is scanmaster a pretty good item to get to check all of the things I need to keep track of?? like, fuel pressure, volts, compression, etc, or do I need something else?? sorry, pretty new at this whole thing

I use TurboLink(w/ Laptop), but scanmaster will work(I haven't tried one.) It won't tell you fuel psi or compression, you need a gauge for that. It will tell you most of the numbers the computer is seeing, and some other info. Very helpful.

a lot of cars come in to the shop like that, most of the time the hose is to the heater core supply line