Problem with FAST Data Logger

S

Stk1520

I currently have a Speed Pro/FAST ECU installed on my ‘89 Mustang and am having problems with my FAST data logger. The car is a full time race car with a nearly stock 5.0L motor (no nitrous, no blower, etc.).

I’ve had the FAST FI system on the car for over a year now with no problems. I’ve data-logged many runs in DOS and it was a great help in tuning the car. Unfortunately, in the class I run I’m not allowed to run a laptop in the car, so I opted for the FAST data-logger and the C-COM WP software last fall. I installed the data-logger and use a toggle switch on the dash to activate the system. I use the TPS position to trigger the data-logger at the starting line once I launch.

The first time I used the data-logger, it worked fine – I successfully logged four runs. I tried using it again a few weeks later but would get a blank readout when I tried to download a logged run. This spring I checked everything and tried the logger out in my garage. I armed the system, blipped the throttle to trigger the log and idled the car for 30 seconds. When I connected my laptop and downloaded the log, it worked great. OK, fine, let’s go racing!

Wrong - when I took the car to the track and tried to log my runs, I kept getting an empty readout. I then went back to the DOS data-logger and it worked. Again, I have a toggle switch to arm the system and use TPS position to start logging.

Any ideas or suggestions on causes/solutions for this problem? I have a race coming up in few weeks and would love to log all my runs.

Jim K.
NHRA #1520

You might want to check your grounds on the arm wires on the data logger.

If this is good the second guess I would have is how low is your
tps trigger?

When I first got my Data Logger and was playing with it I found that if my arm switch was on and the TPS trigger set to low when on the return road I could kill my logged run because the arm switch (for the grounds) was still on and I would start a new recording so other than raising my TPS trigger to 50% I now shut off the arm switch before I turn off the track.

I know you said you got a blank screen, this was why I made my first suggestion, it looks like the system is not armed and don't start recording for a blank screen.

I do like the Data Logger.

Take Care