Poston V/c Breather & Tb Coolant Lines

PaulRV6

I just installed my 40.00 breather kit on the D/S valve cover and the breather seems to be too loose of a fit within the aluminum adapter. Is this common for these to be like that? Is there a way to tighten it up?

Are there caps I can buy to plug off the TB coolant lines? At the present I am using a piece of tubing with a bolt (ss) in the end with 2 hose clamps, looks cobbled. Did not want to use vac caps for obvious reasons, so what else is available? thanks

paul

I took an old drill bit and cut the end of it off with a hack saw. Stuck it in the hose and clamped it back off. It is impossible to see they are in there.

I got some brass valves from Kenne Bell a few years ago. I would be careful about putting something steel inside the lines. I would suggest that a 300 seires stainless steel is you best bet to fit off rust, maybe you could find some brass plugs instead.
I have the poston driver's side breather also, mine didn't fit good either. I pulled off the rubber washer on the bottom of the breather, made up a cardboard shim out of an oil filter box, then shimmed the rubber washer out....this made the fit tighter.

POSTON VALVE COVER BREATHER

Any bought one of these lately? How did it fit please?

paul

Billet valve cover breather.....

I was very dissatisfied after spending $40 to find out mine didn't fit that good either! After a couple of weeks of driving I heard something fall off the engine and hit the ground (I though), pulled over and popped the hood to find that thing missing:mad: . I was very pissed to say the least! 2 weeks later (After ordering a new one) I was rotating the tires and found it sitting on the a-arm! I used a S@&T load of clear silicone to hold it there, and haven't had any problems yet. (yea, I know, Silicone:eek: ??)

As for the coolant lines, I wasn't too happy to find out the money I sent to Kenne Bell for a tb bypass was for a couple of .50 brass "faucets". Just loop the lines together, it's what most of everybody does here.....

I tried to warn you about those $40 aftermarket breathers...

To block the coolant lines cheap (you dont need to buy a thing) disconnect them from the TB, pull one of them off the hard lines on your intake, take the other line, bend it back, and reattatch to the hard lines where the first line used to be attached. You can cut the hose down to a shorter length. In the end what you have is a short piece of hose that runs from one TB outlet on the hard lines to the other. Hope this makes sense.