Possiable Tranny Issues

ikle

I have a stock GN tranny with a Art Carr shift kit, I installed a PTC 10" lockup 3000 stall converter and a tranny filter and fluid change last winter. I put about 100 miles on it this summer and it shifted as firm as it did before, I took it out last night and I noticed a big difference on how it shifted, very soft like it did before I had a shift kit installed. The fluid I used is Valvoline Dextron VI synthetic, is this normal or am I having issue. Also I really don't beat on my car, just cruise with some WOT blasts, it still chirps the tires from first to second when in drive. Thanks, Kyle.

Mileage is?
U say "stock". Is this as in it's never been into and/or rebuilt??
If not, how about it was on the verge of needing some "TLC", and now's the time.
Have you had it pressure tested?
Did you remove the old pickup seal when you did the kit, filter change?

Mileage is?
U say "stock". Is this as in it's never been into and/or rebuilt??
If not, how about it was on the verge of needing some "TLC", and now's the time.
Have you had it pressure tested?
Did you remove the old pickup seal when you did the kit, filter change?
Milage is 50,000. I bought the car all orginal from the original owner who baby it and I only put about 800 miles on the clock sense the purchase 8 years ago.
The tranny is the stock original, the only upgrade that was done was a Art Carr shift kit and a Art Carr pan, never been rebuilt or apart before the shift kit was installed 8 years ago, only filter and fluid change.
Yes the old pickup seal was removed at the time of replacing the new filter.
Never been pressure tested, just the basic maintance was done its whole life (filter and fluid)
The tranny shifted firm before and even after the new converter and fluid was changed from Dex lll to Dex Vl, started to shift differently about 100 mile after the work was done.
Do you think this issue is caused by going from Dex lll to Dex Vl ?