please read this!!!!!!!

X

xlr8good

well I had my engine rebuilt last year and this year I put new sparkplug wires on. well nothing lines up. If you are looking at the front of the engine the coil pack has from the pass to the drivers side 3 5 1 at the front and 6 2 4 at the back. now I under stand that you can switch it 180 deg. but my firing order is 1 5 3 at the front and 4 2 6 at the back so I'm out 120 or 240 deg out. now my fuel timing has to be out. things I have checked are 1 set cam sensor to top dead center on #1 Compression stroke, just like the turbo regal web page sayed.(I have done this 12 or more times) 2. I pulled the cam out to see if it had a odd fire cam instead of a even fire cam and looks just like the old cam the shop gave me back. 3. deg. the cam. why is the spark for # 1 or #4 happening where #6 and # 3 should be. if anyone has any info please get back to me! if you need more info let me know!!!

uhm.....if im to understand you correctly your coilpack is on backwards?? So the main wire loom is plugged in on the passenger side of the pack instead of the driver side where its supposed to be plugged in at?? How did u manage to rip enough of the loom free to pull it accross the engine?

Dan

why dont u put it on the right way and run the wires normally? 2 nuts and a bold and u spin the pack around.....instead of having the plug wires all over the place. More to the point.......is the car running smooth? If the cars running properly it really doesnt matter what way the coil pack is facing.....as long as your plug wires are going to the right post.....might look a bit sloppy but who cares.

There are three coil packs....each one serves two plugs.

One coil serves 1 & 4

The next serves 2 & 5

And the third is 3 & 6

Because it is the same coil, it does not matter if #1 on the coil is connected to cylinder #1 or cylinder #4 or vice versa.

Normally, you look at the number on the coil and run it to the same numbered cylinder. I believe the normal orientation is for 1,3,5 to be facing the firewall.

Now, if you took the old coil off and installed either a new coil or module and installed the two together 180 degs out, then the numbers on the two end coils will be wrong and it gets confusing.

From your question, I am not sure what your actual problem is so you might try to explain the problem a bit better :)

do you have an old style or new style coil pack??? thats another question that needs answering?