? on manufacture date

Didn't see any reference to 1986 (or 86) in the auction text. If so, it's just a typo-- the car is legitimate and was produced as indicated on the paperwork.

As far as the miles, the confusion has been cleared up and everything seems in order (thanks to that fat-fingered tech). But anyone considering purchase would want to ensure that CarFAX and Autocheck are "expunged" to reflect everything correctly.

Don't let that blemish become *your* problem down the road.

I saw this GNX listing where the owner talks about the car's history dating back to 1986. However, the door label in one of the pics says it was manufactured in 7/87. Can somebody clear this up for me?

eBay Motors: Buick : Grand National (item 170321335924 end time Apr-24-09 08:41:02 PDT)

Didn't see any reference to 1986 (or 86) in the auction text. If so, it's just a typo-- the car is legitimate and was produced as indicated on the paperwork.

As far as the miles, the confusion has been cleared up and everything seems in order (thanks to that fat-fingered tech). But anyone considering purchase would want to ensure that CarFAX and Autocheck are "expunged" to reflect everything correctly.

Don't let that blemish become *your* problem down the road.

You are correct. I saw 2006 and thought it was 1986. I guess only the "6" registered in my head.