Oil pressure issues?

Esasky's85GN

RACE ME WITH WHAT?
Gentlemen,

Spank here! Got a question for you. Finally got my motor fired up last night. Motor has not been running for about 2.5 years. Here is my problem. I dont have any oil pressure. The last time the motor was running, the oil pressure was fine. The bottom end has been completed for a while and I did not do anything to the motor since then. Can this motor bleed down over time to the point where the oil pump actually looses its vaccum? Even took the cam sensor out and primed the pump with a drill. No workie! I am not even getting any oil into my gauge tube.

Help!

Spank

Just sounds like the pump lost prime. Disconnect one of the oil cooler lines at the radiator and pour some oil in it and then try to prime it with a drill or loosen the oil filter and try to prime it.

Just sounds like the pump lost prime. Disconnect one of the oil cooler lines at the radiator and pour some oil in it and then try to prime it with a drill or loosen the oil filter and try to prime it.

Agreed. Can't just expect an engine to fire up after 2 years and have instant oil pressure. Do the cooler hose trick and a priming tool.

Gentlemen,

I dont have an oil cooler on the car. Would it work if I just loosen the oil filter and then prime it with the tool?

Spank

pull the crank sensor and prime away. once you get pressure put the crank sensor back in and fire it up.

Already pulled the sensor and primed. Primed it for about 3 minutes straight. Got nothing. I am assuming that the cam sensor rotates clockwise? When you say loosen the oil filter, just a little twist so if takes in some air or yank it completely off?

Spank

Already pulled the sensor and primed. Primed it for about 3 minutes straight. Got nothing. I am assuming that the cam sensor rotates clockwise? When you say loosen the oil filter, just a little twist so if takes in some air or yank it completely off?

Spank

Loosen the filter so there is a large gap between the filter gasket and the oil pump housing.