Off idle stumble

S

Stephen Soulsby

Ever since I got my motor back in my '84 T-Type I have been ashamed to drive it. When you go from a stop at part throttle the motor stumbles. There was a vacuum leak on the turbo to intake adapter o-ring, but I fixed that yesterday and it didn't cure the problem. I now know that I have no vacuum leaks. The car also idles erratically. When I am at about 3/4 throttle the car pulls nice, but at full throttle the boost goes down to 15 psi and lacks power. I almost can hear knocking when I loose power, but I might be hearing things. To make my situation worst I do not own a scantool to help me out. I have my fuel pressure regulator set to 40 psi with the line off. The car makes between 14-16 inches of vacuum at idle and about 12 in gear.

HELP:confused:

MAF test, IAC reset, TPS check, O2 sensor check, coil pack check, plugs (gap), wires check, so on so forth. At 40#, you should be OK.

I agree.....check that O2 sensor and IAC and TPC.........

I feel like a dummy now. Someone on the board told me to try rotating the cam sensor 180 degrees to see if it was installed backwards. I did that today and it runs much better. It still stumbles. How do I adjust the TPS setting and adjust the IAC valve? It still stumbles, but not as bad and it has a little more pick up. The O2 sensor is new. I'm running Rapidfire #2 plugs and also installed new wires and a coil pack. I also turned the boost down to 15 psi.