NUMBERS ARE IN...SM 2.1

smallblock413;61479 said:
still learning this SM but just installed it today been playing around with it and have a few numbers i want you to look at my results let me know what you think...i know my coil change last summer may be the cause that i have no #s but MAL CODES but the codes point to MAF sig. to low[34] ..and O2 SENSOR slow to respond[13]....thanks for response in advance...
SWITCH ON#s IDLE#s
AF-03 AF-05
L8-00 L8-38
bat-12.0 bat-13.5
Int-128 Int-128
bL-128 bL-150
MPH-00 MPH-00
CLt-182 CLt-187
AtS-134 AtS-117
r-000 r-675
tPS-.38 tPS-.42
IAC-150 IAC-24
cc-00 cc-88+[counting up]
PL-13&34 PL-13&34
SP-0 SP-386-39
MAL-00
IM not to sure why the codes come up in the PL colum..but im going out to do a small vid so you can see what i see

How old is your O2 sensor? Looks like it could be replaced. You have 2 MAL codes, #13 & #34. #13 is for the O2 sensor & #34 is for MAF signal low.

Your TPS setting is on the border of being to low. Take another reading with key on & engine off. No throttle should be reading in the .42-.46 range. Full throttle readings should be in the 4.40-4.60 range.

Knock Retard should read zero all the time. Any Knock Retard is bad & needs to be determined if it is an actual occurence or a false reading. If it is reading real KR then you need to tune that out of the car.

Do you have an aftermarket chip in your car? If so, it looks like you need to swap your thermostat to a 160 degree T'stat. Most performance chips are set up to turn on the cooling fan above 160 instead of 180.

Take your ScanMaster directions with you when you are trying to determine what the readings mean. I just installed my SM not to long ago so I'm still learning about the readings & what they mean. Hopefully someone else will chime in with their knowledge.

Good luck
~JM~

Hey first question I have to ask is what chip are you running? Chips can make a big difference especially if the chip is old tech. Nothing against Red, but if you have one of his chips from about 10 yrs ago then your going to have issues. You car will run really reach and that could be the cause of your BLM being 150. Why do I say that? I had an old chip of Red's and mine ran that way and no matter how I adjusted my TPS, I couldn't get the BLM to change. What I suggest you do is Contact Eric Marshall (Turbo Tweak) or Mike (Full Throttle) and order you a new chip. Also your O2 is probably old or bad because of the car running to reach. Go to rockauto and order you a Denso 02. Cost you about $12 or go to NAPA and pay $23. I have Eric's chip in mine and OMG, it is a completely new car. Throttle response is out of this world and tuning is as easy as puttin on your shoe.

thanks guys as far as i know now the chip/injectors are stock...will pull ECM to check chip hopefully tomorrow.. i see my cross counts are slow.O2 I plan to change when i put new exshaust /manifolds on in about a week.. in the video at7:04 what are those numbers and are they correct? may put a new MAF sensor on as well....the denso you spoke of is it a direct fit ...i was looking at this one
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Oxygen-Sensor-ACDelco_15730368-P_291_R|GRPEMISAMS_____

87 BLACKBEAUTY said:
thanks guys as far as i know now the chip/injectors are stock...will pull ECM to check chip hopefully tomorrow...O2 I plan to change when i put new exshaust /manifolds on in about a week...may put a new MAF sensor on as well....the denso you spoke of is it a direct fit ...i was looking at this one
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...en-Sensor-ACDelco_15730368-P_291_R|GRPEMISAMS_____

Save a few bucks and order them from www.rockauto.com

I order a lot of factory stuff/replacements from them. I highly recommend that you upgrade your MAF since you are going to change it anyways. Call Mike at Full Throttle and Speed : http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/items.asp+Cc+BUPERF

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Save a few bucks and order them from www.rockauto.com

I order a lot of factory stuff/replacements from them. I highly recommend that you upgrade your MAF since you are going to change it anyways. Call Mike at Full Throttle and Speed : http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/items.asp Cc BUPERF

cool thanks will check them out....how do i reset the SM once i make these changes to show the new readings or is that needed...manual seems to be a little unclear to me on the reset if i am looking at the right article...page one .[RECALL MODE].

There really isnt a reset on the SM. Now you have to turn off the car, wait 10-15 sec the turn key back on. You adjust the TPS with the key on and car off. Watch the SM for a .42 reading. Something that will drive you crazy is the IAC. It will change every time you adjust the TPS. This is where you have to turn of your car and wait a few seconds. Now once your TPS is set correct, your IAC will be on point. But as I stated early today, your O2 and chip will also control this. These cars are very finicky!!! Treat them like a baby and you will be happy. You can get a new AC DELCO IAC from rockauto cheap. Don't get frustrated on this site. There are a few people that will answer your questions and then there are a lot of people that will try to treat you like your stupid. Look at my profile, there are a couple of my friends in Indiana that will help you out also. PM your number if you ever want to talk and ask some questions!!! Good Luck!!

There really isnt a reset on the SM. Now you have to turn off the car, wait 10-15 sec the turn key back on. You adjust the TPS with the key on and car off. Watch the SM for a .42 reading. Something that will drive you crazy is the IAC. It will change every time you adjust the TPS. This is where you have to turn of your car and wait a few seconds. Now once your TPS is set correct, your IAC will be on point. But as I stated early today, your O2 and chip will also control this. These cars are very finicky!!! Treat them like a baby and you will be happy. You can get a new AC DELCO IAC from rockauto cheap. Don't get frustrated on this site. There are a few people that will answer your questions and then there are a lot of people that will try to treat you like your stupid. Look at my profile, there are a couple of my friends in Indiana that will help you out also. PM your number if you ever want to talk and ask some questions!!! Good Luck!!

cool thanks....