Not running to bad

crazygn

10's here i come
I changed the ecm to a 87 today and put the 93 JL chip in , runs pretty good but the best jumps from 16psi in 1st , drops to 13 in 2nd then back up to 15-16 in high 2nd.I am going to set the IAC again because it keeps dieing at idle.One more can i run this tps tec with the 87 ecm or should i take it off.

thanks

there are different tps tech's i think i got mine from postons cant remember for sure and they sell two different ones 1 for 84-85 and 1 for 86-87..but i have seen some different ones that are suppose to work with either of the years...

mine for my 85 will not work on an 86-87 i tryed it on the car i got my 87 motor out of and it wouldnt turn none of the lights on in it so then i tried it on my buddys 87 GN just for giggles and wouldnt work on that either but i put it back on my 85 and it works fine ???

so if you hook it up and the lights still work then your good to go if you dont get any lights then....no good

It doesn't matter which computer you have. The early TPS's were wired different. The difference is in the plugs.