No shift after rebuild

boostmaster

After my first of atempt at buildin my transmission. Got it back together sunday morning. Took it for testdrive. Doesnt want to shift out of first gear. If it shifts it shifts very late around 4500 rpms at part throttle have not tried at WOT. Will shift through all gears manually but not OD. Ran a pressure test and pressures were high at minimal TV. After playin with TV cable, noticed that special decrease to normal. Until i pulled the TV to check pressure at maximum TV and pressure would stay high again. Can someone please advise me on what could cause this promblem, and please advise me on all possibilties so that i can check.

P.S. FYI i left out TV exhaust ball in VB

Glad you put that PS there because that was my first thought. I do believe that you have a sticking TV valve though based on what you're saying since both pressures & shift points are affected.

Question? as mentioned above i left out TV exhaust ball from trans but forgot to remove hairclip and spring. What would this do?

OK took of valve body TV was stuck in bore, I freed it up and checked other valves to see if they were moving freely. After I got it back together " AMAZING" it shifts, but now I after driving it around a while I noticed it kind of shutters and bucks sometimes between shifts, not all the time just peroidically. Anyway I took a pressure test just to see what they looked like and here are the results. All tests were taken @ around 1000 rpm

P - 70 130
R - 100 100
N - 70 130
OD- 70 90
D - 70 90
2 - 90 90
1 - 90 90

The pressures were much higher than this before I fixed the valve body it just wouldn't shift. Also on downshift from OD it does'nt kick down to 2nd gear it kicks down to third, didn't check it in D though but I can assume it would have done the same thing.

OK I took the valve body off today, checked again to make sure all the valves were moving freely. I also checked the pressure regulating system to find out if they were binding at all. I have a .500 TBV and the Lo Reverse boost valve. Put it back together and went for a test drive to get it up to operating temp. While driving at cruise the pressures hover around 190-200 psi but they don't increase much maybe 10 psi or so at WOT. The car shifts fine with no slippage in all gears but I guess with the low pressure the shifts are not as firm as they should be. there is also a little shutter on the 2-3 sometimes like it does'nt know wich gear to switch to. Anyway I got it back home and took a pressure reading and the pressures were low with no boost at all. They were as follows P-70/ R -60/ N-70/ OD -50/ D-50/ 2-60/ 1 -60. As I said above I'm not getting any boost what so ever a max TV and the pressures are low. Look guys I am an ASE certified technician in 5 fields and I have passion to explore my mechanical abilities from time to time in a quest to improve my knowledge. With that being said I have like never before a new found respect for the experienced techs on this board and there knowledge they have in transmission repair. It is a miracle in itself that with no special tools that I got this thing back together and it works, well sorta. If any of you are like me it's not about the money but who wants to pay for something you thought you could do yourself and admit you are at the limits of you capabilties, right. If this were a customers car I would not hesitate to refer them to some one reputable who could supply them with good service, but since this is my personal vehicle I took a calculated risk and I guess I lost but I still would like to know what my problem could be so I can put this thing behind me.

Thanks, Pete

Thanks for those who did respond I will be removing the trans tomorrow and putting a new pump in. Are there any upgrades to the pump I should do before I'm installing it. I will report a final update when completed.