No SES + No TCC L/U???

Jimn8or

Happy Thoughts
I did a search and came up empty here. I have a ashtray replacement switch plate that has been working perfectly. One of the switches is the TCC lock-up which is currently not working anymore...either is the SES light when I turn the key on. O/M showed both on the same fuse [position 16], and when I changed the 'good' looking fuse anyway, I have the same result. Any ideas or input would be appreciated.
Jim

I think you are mistaken on the fuse. :)

The TCC solenoid is fed power from the ecm/sol fuse and the SES is powered off the gages fuse.

For the TCC, you can verify that you have power at the fuse (key in the run position), then you can crawl under the car and see if you have power at the purple wire in the tranny connector. (Key still on)

If you have power at the fuse but not at the tranny, then you probably have either a burned contact inside the switch on the brake pedal or the switch needs readjusting on the pedal. The switch is normally closed when the pedal is not being depressed.

On the SES light, if you have power from the gages fuse with the key on, you should be able to ground terminal D, with the key on, and make the light come on. If it does not, would seem to be a bad bulb.

With this kind of a precise response, I don't care what my Owners manual says...thanks for being so specific Steve :)
Jim