no blower motor speeds nor gage pods working

Evans Ward

Love those LC2/ Y56 cars!
Not what sure what I may have disturbed after a torque converter R+R and an Alkycontrol kit installation? Prior to this work, I had all blower motor speeds and gage pod (oil/ water VDO electrical) working. Checked fuses and all looked good. Changed out light switch/ dimmer and no change. Instrument panel lights up, boost/ factory tach working, etc. No other electrical problems noted. The blower motor will not work on any speed whether on AC/ vent/ heat. Gage pod is wired appropriately with both grounds grounded and both positive leads to switch ignition source at fuse box. Any ideas on what to check next?

Well, if that 25amp AC fuse is good, sounds like you're not getting juice to it. I vaguely remember an issue with the thick orange wire coming off my steering column not making connection and having these same symptoms. Remember ... vaguely.

Got it fixed with much persistence! Turned out that the AC fuse holder block wasn't making good contact as the holding pieces had spread. Took a knife blade edge and gently bent the pieces back in together to hold tighter. Was the same for the IP fuse too. Hope this update may help someone in the future during an archive search. :redface::smile: