Newbe with Fast B2B

Turbo Loyd

Just wanted to let the folks here know I much I appreciate the information gained here and how I used in the installation of a FAST Classic in my Turbo Regal Clone.

Since the unit was used, I needed to make up a MAP sensor harness. This turned out easy with a 3 BAR sensor, and some connectors to make a harness taking the 12 volts from the MAF sensor and using Radio Shack's +5V Fixed-Voltage Regulator 7805 (Catalog #: 276-1770) to supply the 5 volts. The output of the MAP sensor was wired directly back to the center pin of the MAF sensor plug, which the GN ECM to FAST ECM adapter connected to the appropriate place.

Here is an image of the Radio Shack part. The center pin is ground (even to the heat sink) where both the ground pin of the MAF connector connects and the ground pin of the MAP sensor connects. The pin to the right is the input voltage source and the pin to the left is the 5V reference source.
pRS1C-2160509w345.jpg

I did not add a heat sink to the regulator. Does anybody have any experience with the heat developed? Should I add one just to be safe?

With this working the car started right up, and ran decent if not rich. Problem is the Lamda iconl did not come on the C-Com software with the O2 sensor I had installed. A quick call to FAST and Robin Poole fixed that. Had to give him the data off the FAST box, such as Serial number etc, and for $15.89 they E-mailed me an "unlock file", which took less than a second to upload into the FAST Box using the C-Com software.

Now the fun is beginning as I learn to tune the Turbo Regal. Any advice from the FAST B2B experts?

Since this was a basic box, it does not have torque converter lock up nor A/C pull off capabilities. Anybody have any simple circuits to add these back in. I'm thinking relay logic to add lock up for 3rd and forth, only if the MAP sensor is seeing less than 110 kPa. Maybe shutting off the A/C at 150 kPa.

the best thing to do is get the 5 volts and the ground from the TPS sensor.

This is what i had to do since the factory map sensor for the boost gauge has it's own 5 volt power supply made in the gauge cluster and are very prone to have volts spikes in which can make the map sensor go nuts and affect the tune of the engine.