New turbo t need tuning help

turbot01

I just purchased a 1987 turbo t. It has a 3" down pipe, 60# injectors, a chip, and a scan master. I am trying to get it tuned correctly.
O2 milli. 650-770
Af. 05
L8. 33-36
Int. 128
Blm. 126
Clt. 165
Ats. 73
R. 800-875
Tps. .42
Iac. 68
Cc. 75-291 climbs steady

am trying to adjust the iac. It will not go any lower. I also reset it
Thanks for the help....

This is the chip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.6 KB · Views: 188
You need to back down the throttle hard stop screw to lower the iac counts. Then readjust the tps to get back up to .42 volts

It might be stuck open. Remove it and clean it with carb cleaner. Then try again. Looks like it's idling pretty nicely otherwise.

I cleaned it and reassembled. Iac is still at 65-70. The screw position does not seam to affect it. It only affects the idle Rpms.

The pintle (the plunger thing with the spring around it) should be about 28mm long. Yours sounds way short , in too much air. It does screw in and out. Might gently try screwing it to the proper length if needed and try the reset a few more times before buying a new part. Good luck. Hope it works out.

I wrote wrong earlier. You need to screw in the throttle stop. Increasing the opening in the throttle plate will lower the iac counts. If you started at 65 and you're now at 147 you are going the wrong way.

I wrote wrong earlier. You need to screw in the throttle stop. Increasing the opening in the throttle plate will lower the iac counts. If you started at 65 and you're now at 147 you are going the wrong way.
I can screw it all the way in or out and the iac's don't change

It does not have an alky system. It was the chip that was in it when I purchased it. I cleaned the throttle body and blade seems tight. It idles well and runs good. I purchased a new IAC valve. I am going to install it tonight and see if that helps.

That's an Alky chip! do you have an alky system? you didn't list it?...also your throttle body blade might be loose and not sitting flush...

Don't worry about iacs right now. Back that timing down to 19/17, adjust your wastegate rod to full open, so you get about 15psi of boost, then stick a mity vac on some lines and start looking for vacuum leaks. If you have just a few small ones, you'l be adjusting your iac 'till retirement. How many miles on the car ?
Where was it bought from? How was it stored? Is it in good condition? What gas do you have in it now?
Make up your signature, and if you need any help, post a few high quality photos of your engine bay. That helps too. Maybe we can see stuff you don't recognize. Is this your first turbo regal? Give us a little history on your background so we don't accidentally insult you. You don't wanna say "You do know where the spark plugs are, right?" to someone who's been working on cars for 20 years, ya know?

Did you get any paper work for the chip and scanmaster?

Don't worry about iacs right now. Back that timing down to 19/17, adjust your wastegate rod to full open, so you get about 15psi of boost, then stick a mity vac on some lines and start looking for vacuum leaks. If you have just a few small ones, you'l be adjusting your iac 'till retirement. How many miles on the car ?
Where was it bought from? How was it stored? Is it in good condition? What gas do you have in it now?
Make up your signature, and if you need any help, post a few high quality photos of your engine bay. That helps too. Maybe we can see stuff you don't recognize. Is this your first turbo regal? Give us a little history on your background so we don't accidentally insult you. You don't wanna say "You do know where the spark plugs are, right?" to someone who's been working on cars for 20 years, ya know?

Did you get any paper work for the chip and scanmaster?
There are 60,000 miles on the car. I bought it from a guy in Des Moines that had a few of them. He seemed knowledgeable. The car is in decent shape. I would give it a 6. The prior owner indicated he had half 93 octane and half 106 race gas. I have never put more gas into it. I wanted to get the car sorted out before I drove it too much.
I am pretty handy with cars. I have been swapping motors and tinkering with cars for 25 years. I am not real familiar with these beasts. It is my first one. You will not offend me!

Very good. Then do what I advised first. (turn down the timing/boost) Did you get instructions with the chip and scanmaster? Put your location down as well. Search through here or ask the previous owner as to what kind of fuel pump you have, and if it is hot wired. Post pics of the engine bay as well.
Did the previous owner replace the up pipe since he sold it with no alcohol kit?

Last edited: