New taillite lenses?

Boxcars

Banned
Highway stars offers some very nice new parking light lenses in both amber and clear, which seems to me to be more complicated than to manufacture our red taillite lenses. How about someone manufacturing the much more needed, brand new, cherry red, taillight lenses? Mine are decent but I'd go for a set a new ones in a heartbeat, and my guess is, so would plenty of other TR owners.

Don't have a GN yet, but I plan to replace all outer lenses with new if they're available. This may be a good opportunity for someone if they already have the tooling.

I asked about this a couple years back and hiway stars told me the tooling costs would make the red lenses way more expensive than the going rate for nos ones. They said the clear backup lenses were in progress though.

So, we're never going to get any new taillight lenses? There are no NOS lenses, but I have seen some sellers asking ridiculous money for them. All sorts of parts are made for obscure chevy models that I can't imagine anyone would buy, but our taillite lenses which many of us need, are on their way out. They can't possibly cost that much to produce. :(

I wonder it the 3d printing they are doing now will help in getting new taillight lenses made. Either by printing them or for a cheaper way to prototype them.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app